The UK Microplastics Network is funded by a NERC Knowledge Exchange fellowship, in response to the growing need for wider stakeholder understanding and involvement in the field of microplastics research. It is fully inclusive and open to any interested parties, including academia, government, industry, charities, consultancies and more.
Aims and benefits of the network for stakeholders:
- Better communication between researchers and stakeholders
- Ability to identify diverse relevant skills, facilities and funding sources which can assist in development of microplastics research
- Develop strategies for tackling the issue through collaborative working
- Economic benefits to businesses and organisations who can gain advice and plan for future legislation that may impact their products and business
- Informing evidence-based decision making on microplastics policy and legislation